Saturday 12 October 2013

The Role of an Educator a changing attitude

Roles of adult Educators:
I would like to highlight a couple of videos and web sites I found interesting and fitting for my type of learning. I say my type of learning, because I often did not learn the way my teachers were teaching. I have a rather short attention span, and realizing throughout the last two years of teaching, so do many of the students. Now what does this have to do with the role of the Teacher/Instructor? In today’s classroom we have come away from the conformity one learning style or philosophy and moved to a more individual learning approach Students of all ages and especially adult students want to be involved in their learning; they have a huge appetite for engagement in the entire process from learning to assessment and evaluation.
The biggest changes have not come from technology in the class room but from the changing attitudes and demands from the students to which teachers and instructors have to adapt. We have to become mentors, coaches, and guides to learning, agents of changes, facilitators and role models.
 References and videos,


No comments :

Post a Comment